Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday's Seven Songs (March 8)

Welcome to another week of Sunday's Seven Songs! Tonight concludes my last weekend before a series of very busy, but very fun weeks and weekends ahead. Next week is the Pot of Gold Festival! On Friday there will be bands like Bleachers, Awolnation and Bastille. Saturday will be hosted by bands like Hoodie Allen, Kongos and Kendrick Lamar. Sunday will feature New Politics, Echosmith, and one of my (many) favorite bands, Fall Out Boy!! Tuesday will wrap up the festival with bands like Korn and Godsmack. I am planning on volunteering on Saturday and Sunday, and I am crossing my fingers that I will also be there on Friday. On Monday, I leave for California during Spring Break. The day I have been looking forward most to is just two weeks away from tonight. Blink 182 featuring Matt Skiba will take the stage at Musink Festival and I am one of the incredibly lucky and fortunate people who get to see them. Then in April I will be attending the American Candy Tour (The Maine, Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, The Technicolors), FestivALTAZ (Panic! at the Disco, Death Cab for Cutie), the Chipotle Festival (twenty one pilots), and Matt & Kim's show. So unbelievable. I love having this much to look forward to.

We have more than just concerts coming up in the next few weeks. Tom Delonge will release his first song from his new album tomorrow. All Time Low are releasing the second single from their new album tomorrow. The Maine are releasing their second single from their new album on Tuesday. Sleeping with Sirens are releasing a new song from their new album everyday until their album is released on March 17. The Technicolors announced they have a new single coming out this month. Can you believe all that new music headed our way??? I can't express how excited I am.

On a side note, Travis Barker did an interview with Alternative Nation where he talked about music, the Musink festival and performing with Matt Skiba, and a comment on Tom Delonge. While what I took out of the interview was that this concert at Musink is going to be absolutely incredible, every headline that I have read makes it look like Travis is talking trash about Tom which is not true. I know it's a catchy headline, but a headline like "Travis Barker Announces That This Is The Best Blink Has Ever Sounded" would have equally caught my attention.

Alright, I'll get started with the seven songs now:

1) All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran
This song is taken from the soundtrack from The Fault in Our Stars. Ed Sheeran has such an unique voice that could not be compared to anything else. I love how this song is just the piano and his voice, for the most part. The other instruments and soft and don't overshadow the vocals and piano. The soundtrack for this movie is so wonderfully put together. Everything from loving to sad to Swedish rap.

2) Wait by M83
This song also comes out of The Fault in Our Stars. I've kind of been obsessing over this song today. I love when a song is so calming that you don't really need to pay attention to appreciate it. It's fulfilling whether you listen to every word or if you just keep it on as background music. The vocals are easy to listen to and they also have a powerful effect that I can't exactly find the words to describe. It's that song that you want to play when you're out on a late night drive, trying not to think of anything.

3) Chocolate by The 1975
This is the song everyone knows by this group. It's popular for a reason. It's catchy and simple so why wouldn't everyone love it. I can still picture the band performing this song last November. The way the lights bounced off the smoke in the arena. Such an easy and creative effective, but I've never heard of anyone doing it quite like them.

4) This is Gospel (Piano version) by Panic! at the Disco
This is easily one of my favorite P!ATD songs. The piano version blows away anything I have heard by them. Brendon Urie's voice is one of the most talented and smooth and beautiful voices ever. Just click on the link in the song title and tell me I'm wrong. He's a natural performer. The music video took something that was simple and elegant and made it fun and messy which I totally enjoyed. I can't wait to see this band next month!

5) Asleep by The Smiths
This song comes from The Perks of Being a Wallflower - both the book and the movie. The song took on a new meaning for me after I read the book that's a little hard to explain. As the title suggests, it's the perfect song to fall asleep to. Morrissey will always and forever be a legend in the music world.

6) Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
This song is probably in a lot of films, but none come to mind at the moment. I was listening to a really well put together playlist on 8tracks and this song was on it. I feel like this is one of those songs where you know all the words, but you aren't really sure where you learned it from. It goes along with the theme of the rest of the songs though - really mellow, soft, something to relax to.

7) LA Girl by The Janoskians
This song does not whatsoever fit with the themes of the other songs. If you've never heard of them, The Janoskians are a group of five Australian guys who are best known for their dumb pranks they film and upload to YouTube. They've ventured a little bit into the music industry and their sound is nothing really serious, but almost solely to make someone laugh. I picked this song because I love the vocals the best in this one. All five guys take turns singing, however I promise they are nothing like One Direction if that's what you started to think. Anyways, they had an EP come out on March 2 and it's pretty good. I just thought that I would bring it up.

--------------------------------------------------------

That concluded this week's list of seven songs. I'm really looking forward to concerts and new music so I have something different to blog about (not that I don't love this weekly blog).


Until next time,
Nikole xx

No comments:

Post a Comment